Friday 10 April 2020

TALES OF THE WATCHER

yo!... war of the worlds... innit!


Across the gulf of space... 

intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic...

regarded this earth with envious eyes...and slowly and surely...

drew their plans against us.


GUARDIAN OF THE GALAXY


palookaville...



THE WATCHER

is outcast on an asteroid...

allowed to watch...

events on earth...

but not to interfere...

not even to save us from ourselves


HAL 9000


 There is a message for you...

watcher : Who's calling? 

There is no identification.

watcher : What's the message? 

Message as follows...

 "It is dangerous to remain here... 

You must leave within two days".


GOLF GUY


“It's been twelve hours since I made my request for information!

I need a reply - all hell is breaking loose down here! 

I have enough problems without you pulling some kind of a stunt! 

I just hope there's an Earth for you to return to! 

Make that report I asked for and make it immediately!” 


THE MAN IN THE N95 MASK


And this was no disciplined march...
it was a stampede... 

It was the beginning of the rout of civilization...

of the massacre of mankind. 


WATCHER


I began to realize the complete overthrow of his intelligence...

 to perceive that my sole companion...

in this close and sickly darkness...

was a man insane. 


 CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER


I want to play a game with you...

I don't have time for games...

This is a good game...

It's called "the truth"...

For two minutes...

 I will tell only the truth...

and so will you. 

Without your space helmet, Dave...

You're going to find that rather difficult...


THEY WERE ONLY PLAYING LEAPFROG


“There's one good thing about a reactionary president...

he's not into health foods... 

Last one, we didn't have lunch, we grazed.”


DAMN YANKEES


I'd love a hot dog...

Astrodome. Good hot dogs there...

Astrodome? You can't grow a good hot dog indoors. 

Yankee Stadium. September... 

The hot dogs have been boiling since opening day in April... 

Now that's a hot dog.”


DAVID BOWMAN


“I don't know if HAL is homicidal...

 suicidal, neurotic, psychotic...

or just plain...

broken.” 


HAL


I'm afraid.

Don't be.

 We'll be together.

 Where will we be?

 Where I am now.” 


WATCHER


in all the universe...

only humans..

can cry...









No comments:

Post a Comment