Friday 29 May 2020

THE GIRL ON THE BUS

yo!.. on the road again... innit!


in palookaville..

it's the wonder years..

I wonder where the time went..

I wonder lonely as a cloud..


A FISH CALLED WONDER


it's


1970


again..

and we are in glastonbury..

me an neil..

have hitch hiked down through england..

to sleep out on glastonbury tour..

gandalf's garden..

had an article about this place..

some albion magic bollocks..

but I was 17 still..

and at that age bollocks is the new truth..

we have a pint in a pub and go up onto the tour..


AND DID THOSE FEET IN ANCIENT TIMES


it's only about 21. 00 hours..

but we try to get to sleep..

about 1000 hours later it's about 21.45..

you get the drift..

and it's easter time too..

brass monkeys ain't in it..

I have an icelandic type down sentry style sleeping bag..

neil has a somewhat skimpier one..

we have no ground matts..

it's a very long cold night..

the stars are out..

the breeze is across our faces..

not many z's are heard..


WHY AM I HERE


cherche la femme

my girlfriend was in jamaica..

so I had a long four weeks to fill..

her parents lived there..

her dad was a bank manager I believe..

there was no way I would be out on a hill..

sleeping rough..

in somerset..

if I had my girl..

I am was a girls wet dream..

not just beautiful..

but easy for a girl to be with..

poetry, art, conversation, shopping, clothes, salad..

it was why I would find myself..

in bangor park that summer..

with the heads..

just passing the time until my girl was back..


BRAND NEW DAY


the next morning at about 07.30

on the road into town..

a car honked at us..

a guy and a girl..

they stopped and bought us breakfast..

they knocked on the cafe door..

and asked them to get out bed and..

make us all tea and bacon sandwiches..

two rounds!

which they insisted on paying for..

and all because we were..

on the road..

dharma bums.


No comments:

Post a Comment