Thursday 14 May 2020

THE ARTIST IN RESIDENCE 2

yo!.. next instalment... innit!


WORKING WITH CLIPS


in 1999 I bought an apple imac..

because I wanted to edit video..

it cost $1199..

If I had bought apple stock instead..

at $1.5

my investment would be worth..

$250,000

my imac is probably worthless..


but..


I HAD AN IDEA


always a sucker for an idea..

I wanted to film (video)..

a fairground at night..

which I did..

it looked nothing special when shot in focus..

so I shot it again out of focus..

zooming in and out on moving rides..

so..

working with clips..

in imovie - the software that came with the imac..

the reason I bought it..

each time you start the recording..

you create a new clip..

you import all the clips..

into imovie/new project..

and the you top and tail them to remove noise etc from the on/off process..

you the have a timeline of separate clips which you can re-order..

and edit to create your movie..

I did this..

I removed the awful noise of the fairground..

and added music..

I got permission from Banka Parlic..

to use her rendition of..

Gnossienne No. 1 by Erik Satie..






probably should have bought the apple shares

anyway it was shown on classic fm tv..

and was exhibited at an art gallery..

and I had a couple of commissions..

paid for by the arts council..


MARKET NEWS NOW

Excerpted from this week’s edition of Notes From the Rabbit Hole, the Opening Notes segment of NFTRH 602:

What perma-bears don’t understand during a relief rally..

is the same thing perma-bulls don’t understand when things fall apart.

The market is going to do what it is going to do anyway,

informed by not only economic fundamentals (which COVID-19 ultimately is),

but also by sentiment extremes and unquantifiable layers..

of monetary and fiscal policy machine gunned at the stock market

(they can say it’s aimed to the economy but you and I know better).

As many businesses ground to a halt and unemployment jumped to 14.7%

(and that’s only what is counted)

the stock market is supposed to go down..

Or so many people think.

The stock market,

AKA the product of millions of humans’ and machines’..

responses to sentiment and technical markers,

is only supposed to do something.

Not go up. Not go down. Something.

Currently it is approaching logical targets..

with the S&P 500’s SMA 200 overhead..

and the leading Nasdaq 100’s gap up there close to all-time highs..

(can you imagine those headlines?).

The only logical response is to remain unbiased,

open-minded, aligned with the probabilities and ready for what the market delivers.

It is no accident that NFTRH’s view has been Tech-intensive and in particular,

‘remote work/communication/collaboration’ Tech-intensive.

We’ve been highlighting those areas for months.

But risk continues to rise.

We should manage accordingly.



MORE ABOUT ME


you can see more of my movie stuff here


COMING UP

bauhaus ballet

elsworth kelly

foundation and empire









No comments:

Post a Comment