Friday 15 May 2020

BAUHAUS BALLET

yo!.. game of chance... innit!


I used to go to the ballet..

royal and rambert..

I also used to collect marvel comics..

steve ditko and jack kirby my heroes..

it never occurred to me..

that some may think that strange..


OSKAR SCHLEMMER NOT


anyway..

on foundation..

we got covered in bauhaus lore..

so I created this painting..


which people could arrange in any way they liked..

interactive in 1971..


ODD JOBS 


my fine art lecturer..


the first words out of his mouth..

at our first seminar..

"painting is dead"

it's gonna be..

cybernetics, electronics, bulletin boards, messaging and control..

we even had to buy his 'control' magazine

well I was totally underwhelmed..

I came to paint..

I think now that he may have been..

talking about something not yet invented..

but he was working on a version..

of a website..

sort of craig's list..

or whatever..

perhaps I should have listened to more to steve




No comments:

Post a Comment