Thursday 28 May 2020

NOT AS RED AS YOUR ARSE BERNARD

yo!.. this one's a trip... innit!


in palookaville..

it's..


1970


the artist in residence is eighteen..

summer job time..

me and neil..

are working in the warehouse..

at the island street depot..

on london road..


THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING


we are loading lorries..

for distribution of products to retail outlets..

it's hot in those containers..

so what we are waiting for..

is tea break..


in the small room..

is a table..

people sitting..

drinking tea..

in the heat..

we are in an educational environment..

social intercourse 101..

bernard - I think I'll mow my lawn tonight..

with my new motor mower..

alpha twat - fuckin motor mower my arse..

remember that fuckin tannin lamp?

burnt his fuckin arse.. red as a fuckin berry..

bernard - I think I'll watch my new colour tv..

alpha twat - fuckin colour tv my arse..

you ain't got no colour tv..

yes I have an we gonna be eatin our own grown fresh tomatoes..

alpha twat - fuckin no way you cain't fuckin grow fuckin tomatoes..

oh yes I can real juicy an with perfectly beautiful red skins..

but not as red as your arse bernard.. ha ha ha ..


ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE


that was the year we went to ireland..

to be hippies..

on the dole..

on a farm..

turning on, tuning in, dropping out..

we started off at my grannies..

in carrick-on-suir..

and then we hitched up to belfast..

got a tour of the troubles..

the falls and shankhill roads..

stayed with richard in his parents house..

in bangor county down..

the people we were with were older than us..

and had spent some years..

in mexico, canada and the states..

there was a lot of dope to smoke..

and acid too..

we were just two little boys from the burbs..


All You Need Is Love Painting by Charles Stuart


we stayed on a farm..

in county antrim..

it was like crosby, stills, nash and young..

guitars harmonies and trips..


Egg And Chips Painting by Charles Stuart










No comments:

Post a Comment