Monday 10 April 2023

WILL WE ALWAYS HAVE PARIS ?

 yo!.. first response.. innit!


above in the middle of this picture is the centre panel of..


DEATH IN PARIS


as a painter..

living in a safe suburb..

somewhere not paris..

I had these larger canvases..

sitting around with nothing to do..


WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH


the tough get painting..

so I painted this triptych..

as part of the..

'figures in a souk' series..

'will we always have paris?'..

I asked myself..

and you too I suppose..

because sometimes..

it feels that civilisation is breaking down..

you know..

civility, tolerance, community, art..


ANYWAY

this was the effect that news had on my art..

one painting, three panels..


the souk can be a dangerous place..

as well as a place to shop..





                       November 2015 Paris attacks








No comments:

Post a Comment