Tuesday 9 June 2020

TALES FROM THE SKETCHBOOK 2

TERRACOTTA ARMY





just thinking about chinese art an stuff..

I made these sketches among others..

from looking at the terracotta army..

they are not documentary..

just imagined..

most of my stuff is..

imagined..


SURVIVORS

in the waste wood box..

in the design and tech. dept..

I went looking for off cuts that..

I could use to make figures..

these figures were..

created according to how their parts..

were already formed..

you know off cuts..

I was inspired by picasso..

his painting..


THE BATHERS


for which he constructed wooden figures to draw from..

mr. cut out gun..

was one of the first..




here though we are looking at the..

oil on paper drawings..

inspired by the terracotta army..




No comments:

Post a Comment