Wednesday 3 June 2020

I SAW THE FIGURE FIVE IN GOLD

I have always loved the title..


I SAW THE FIGURE FIVE IN GOLD


I have seen the painting by charles demuth..

It is very beautifully executed..


in my post..

bring back my glen-bott to me..

I talked about the influence of marvel comics artists..

especially steve ditko..

below is a triptych screen print on arches paper..

small edition..

that uses the same title..

I saw the figure five in gold..

but it is also called exile on main street..

as you can see..

the action takes place on a city street..

maybe there is a speeding fire engine..

passing by but out of sight..





I love other artists drawings..

especially cartoon artists..

and often used them in my work..

I don't do this anymore but used to a lot..



oil on canvas 1983 60 x 96 inches









1983

the title is about a revelation..

which is why it is so powerful..





No comments:

Post a Comment