Tuesday 8 November 2022

THE LOST SUPPER

 yo!.. just sayin.. innit!



I was going to paint over this..

I thought..

what a f*ckin miserable image..

who wants ta create misery..

well..

sometimes misery just appears..

you don't set out to paint miserable paintings..

who would want them..

who would want to sit in a gallery and look upon them..

and it started me thinking..

a rare event in itself..


WHAT IF THAT CHAPEL IS NOT A CHAPEL BUT A TOMB


my pal mark..

is one of my greatest influences..

I listen to what he has said..

and I believe and respect him..

but anyway..

just sayin..


those seagram murals..

great art..

really great art..

but did he really think that people could..

dine in peace..

celebrate their good lives..

raise a glass and say cheers..

while looking at those paintings..


IT'S A GREAT STORY


how the great artist..

could not stomach..

having the rich and powerful and famous..

look upon his work whilst spending more than five dollars..

on lunch..


BUT WHAT IF 


and we need a little imagination here..

his guy paying the bill..

says to mark..

on the qt of course..

mark my old meat an tatey..

love the stuff man..

love it..

but it's going to give the diners indigestion..

so no..

do us all a favour..

and let us out of this deal..

just give back the dosh..

and we'll pretend that you thought they were too good for us..

and mark god bless him..

is cool with that..

because he has become attached to these profound works of art..

they are his best stuff..

his most potent images..

heavy innit..



f*ck em..

he may have thought..

I will give em away to..

the great museums..

so alla plebs can see em..

whilst sittin in the those rothko rooms..

eating they sammos fo lunch..


AN IMAGINARY SCENARIO


obviously..

but think on and look again at those paintings..

and ask yourself..

do they celebrate life..

are they life affirming..

 am I sitting in a chapel..

or am I sitting.. 

in a tomb..






No comments:

Post a Comment