Saturday 5 November 2022

KNOWING WHEN TO STOP

 yo!.. just when you think it's done.. innit!



so there I was..

thinking that this was a painting..

that was finished..

and ready to go out into the world..


SLEEP ON IT


then the next day..

or the one after..

I look again..

while eating my toast..

and it bugs me..

I hate the pale brown colour..

I hate the diagonal figure..

I hate the red square..

I hate the big pink figure..

but most of all..

I hate the yellow spot..


SOMETIMES A GREAT NOTION


out come the paints..

and on goes a new coat..

that gets rid of the brown..

and the big pink figure..

and the ugly red..

and it's centre..


I REST MY CASE


still don't like it..

I have kept the shadow figures..

and feel the need for a big statement figure..

you know..

like a riding to the rescue thing..

but nothing happens..

I sit and think..

and look..

and think..

then..

I get up and approach the easel..

with a rag..

and I rub out the yellow head..

on the diagonal figure..

and sit back down..




now I am happy..

not at first maybe..

but after a time..

it becomes obvious..

this sucker is done..


or is it..

what have I done.?






No comments:

Post a Comment