Tuesday 15 August 2023

MISTER PITIFUL

yo!.. los angeles 3.. innit!


this image above is from psycho..

it's not marilyn..

it's Janet leigh..

apart from the appalling attack in the shower..

I have given her the warhol treatment..

to make her look like marilyn..

a soup can marilyn..

like pop art..

innit!


ICONOCLASM


the destruction of icons..

that famous and beautiful face..

has had some art worked on it..

I am sorry for my part in this now..

at the time I was only thinking of myself..

and my little screen print..



so here you can see..

my cunning plan..

one print with  the image on both sides and with cut out and folded flaps..

with the second print beneath it..

clever innit!


I SAW THIS AND THOUGHT OF YOU




andy had given her the soup can treatment..

pile em high and sell em cheap..

mass reproduction..

just like elvis or the mona lisa..

15 minutes of lame..


on reflection..

I feel now that this was..

a poor show..



in 'marilyn reframed'

we are introduced to a great person..

the greatest photographer's model of all time..

she ran the whole show..

she had all the guts they ever made..

possibly the most famous face in the world..

and a great actress..




I was ten when she died..

she was the most beautiful woman in the world..



you can spend a long time in Hollywood..

and never see the part they put in movies..

farewell my lovely..







No comments:

Post a Comment