Wednesday 7 April 2021

50 YEARS ON

FOUNDATION 1971-2

 
 
 
steve willets..
 
told us at our first fine art seminar..
 
that painting was dead..
 
and that the thing we should be looking at was..
 
 
CONTROL  
 
 
which was his thing at the time..
 
and he had a magazine that he published under that name..
 
I listened to what he was saying..
 
stuff about cybernetics and message boards..
 
information exchange..
 
I think now he was into an internet kind of idea..
 
but had not a clue of what it was..
 
or how I could use it..

so after a while I tuned out..

and went to do some screen printing..
 

BRUCE DAVIDSON
 
 
I was taken with an image of Bruce's..
 
from his 'east 100th st'
 
it was the little girl..
 
behind the net curtain..
 
at home alone?
 
in a slum tenement..
 
in harlem..
 
new york..
 
I had a haltone screen made of this image..
 
and proceeded to make screen prints of it..
 
someone had spilled filler..
 
over my screen..
 
but I printed it anyway..
 
on both sides of the paper..
 
then cut shapes..
 
and folded back the flaps..
 
overprinted them..
 
some folded over, some not.. 


I shot these with my old zenith B..

3.5 lens..

just thought I would share them with you..
 
today..

50 years on

No comments:

Post a Comment